With 5,500 people leaving the Defence Force each year, Australia has a significant untapped human resource pool.
As an employer, you have an opportunity to access and hire qualified employees through the Veterans Onboard program.
Veterans Onboard will provide you with the tools to better understand veterans and how to utilise their skills in your organisation, through online modules and access to strategy templates.
Why hire a veteran?
The Australian Defence Force (ADF) invests heavily in its people. When you hire an ex-ADF member, you are hiring someone who:
- Has transferrable skills, values and attributes
- Is a committed employee
- Is seeking meaningful, long-term employment
- Has accredited training with nationally-recognised qualifications
- Is an effective leader and team member who embodies team spirit.
Employing men and women who have proudly served our country also promotes your organisation among the community as an employer of choice.
Is your organisation Veteran Ready?
Veteran Ready employers recognise the valuable contribution that former service people make to the workforce. The benefits to your organisation include:
- Access to the Veterans Onboard education modules
- Recognition of your support for veterans
- Being identifiable to veterans as a preferred employer
- Access to RSL Queensland’s database of veterans and Veteran Recruitment Strategy template
- Invitation to all RSL Queensland Employment Program networking events and promotional activities.