As the partner of a current or former ADF member you've been paramount to your family's stability. Now it's time to focus on your career aspirations, or have the chance to upskill with an RSL Scholarship.
RSL Queensland Partner Scholarships support you to upskill, re-train or gain degree qualifications that will allow you to re-enter the workforce, pursue a new career, or relocate more easily.
We're proud to offer Defence partners a pathway to increase their employability and overcome hardship or vulnerability.
“The Program Gave me the chance to focus on my study Without worrying about where the money was coming from to pay for it.” – TONI King, partner of EX serving ADF member.
A designated number of scholarships are available for studies commencing or being undertaken in 2023, each valued at up to $4,000 a year for a maximum of three years.
Scholarship recipients will be able to utilise the funding for the following purposes:
- Course fees
- Administration fees
- Required textbooks
Eligibility criteria apply and scholarship funding is managed in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
“I thought I’d never get my career back on track, but the financial and moral support enabled me to accelerate my studies and transition into paid work more quickly than I thought possible.” – Georgia Gard, partner of current serving ADF member.
In summary, applicants must be:
- the spouse or de facto partner of a current or former Defence member
- not receiving other education/training benefits or scholarships
- not in regular employment
- enrolled or planning to enrol in an undergraduate, tertiary or vocational training course
- able to demonstrate hardship or vulnerability relating to your partner’s service.
Eligibility criteria apply, including ongoing eligibility for successful applicants. Read the Scholarships Terms and Conditions for complete details. See Part 2 for eligibility criteria relevant to Scholarship Applications.
Applications for 2023 Partner Scholarships are open.
Applications remain open until all available scholarships for the relevant year are awarded or until 30 April 2023.
The application process allows partners of former and current Australian Defence Force (ADF) members to apply for scholarships under the RSL Queensland Partner Scholarship program. This program supports education and training courses to aid in partners’ employability.
Submitting your application:
Complete the form to submit your application. You will receive an email when your form has been successfully submitted.
All applications are reviewed to assess initial eligibility before being put forward for consideration. If your application proceeds to the next stage, you will be asked to provide further documents to support your submission. When all necessary documents have been received, your application will be assessed.
All applications submitted to RSL Queensland will be assessed for eligibility and to confirm applications meet the intent of the program.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application at the conclusion of the assessment.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that they have read the RSL Queensland Partner Scholarship Terms and Conditions and that their application meets the intent and eligibility criteria of the program.
If you need assistance completing the application form, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 134 RSL.
- This application form must be completed in one session
- Click on the question heading to complete each field
- Fields marked with an asterisk* are mandatory
- Where you are asked to provide a date using the calendar selection tool, type in the year and use the dropdown list to select the month. Select the first of the month if you are unsure of a specific date.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email please contact email@example.com