Final 2021 Draft Constitution
As part of our long-term focus to becoming more relevant for veterans and driving higher levels of positive influence, we need to grow and modify our ways of working. To do this, we are proposing changes that will require reform to the RSL Constitution. It’s a proposal that RSL members will vote on at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in December this year.
View the 2021 Draft Constitution
View the Final 2021 Draft By Laws
Constitution Working Group (CWG)
The work of improving the Constitution and By Laws is managed by the Constitution Working Group (CWG) - a Board Sub-Committee formed for the purposes of completing this important work. The CWG meets fortnightly to review member submissions and feedback on current draft documents. The members of this working group are:
- Bill Whitburn OAM (Chair) - State Vice President
- Garry Player - District President, North Queensland District
- Grendell Antony - Vice President, Sunshine Coast and Regional District
- Les Nash - District President, Moreton District
- Matt Hanrahan - Vice President, Brisbane North District
- Merv Brown OAM - District President, Brisbane North District
- Paul Petter - Secretary Stanthorpe Sub Branch
- Rob Walford AM, AFC - President, Mudjimba Sub Branch
- CWG Feedback Document
- RSL Queensland Board Skills Matrix, expertise and personal attributes requirements
knowing and understanding the proposed changes
Fortnightly updates are provided to Members on the progress of the CWG, the various changes being proposed, why they’re needed, how to get involved and where to send your feedback and questions. The topics are derived from the changes proposed and feedback from members.
If you are not receiving this fortnightly RSL Queensland Constitution email, please contact your District Secretary to ensure your email subscription preferences are updated.
Read some of our past updates:
- Part 7: Transitional election process
- Part 5 and 6: Skills criteria and process to become an RSL Queensland Director
- Part 4: Registering to become a PBI
- Part 3: Contemporary governance and the RSL Constitution
- Part 2: Skills matrix for the Board of Directors
- Part 1: Proposed Board structure changes within the Constitution
- Member Value Proposition and the Constitution
DEBUNKING THE MYTHS ABOUT THE PROPOSED CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS.
We provide facts to dispel myths and misinformation about RSL Queensland's proposed constitution and By-Law improvements.
- Debunking the Myths –Deep dive on Myths 1 and 5
- Debunking the Myths – Deep dive on Myths 1 and 6
- Debunking the Myths –New myths, 13, 14, 15 and 16
- 8 September: Notice of Meeting for RSL Queensland AGM
- 8-9 December: RSL Queensland AGM – vote to adopt the new RSL Queensland Constitution